5.5.10

I got published again!! (sort of)

Well a few months ago a dutch artist contacted me asking for permission to paint one of the pictures based on a painting that I have on my Flickr site. The picture was one we tok last year as our illumination exam, the task was to emulate a painting as closely as possible, the picture was La Mort de Marat by french painter Jacques-Louis David.

La Mort de Marat
This is our version.


Now, Martin (that is the artist) contacted me asking if it was possible to reproduce this picture as part of his project 'At the Museum'. As he explains the project, he paints his dreams (calling them dream photos), and this time he dreamed being at the museum where all the paintings came to live, so he started painting pictures based on paintings to complete the collection.


You can see some of Martin's work here.



This is Martin's version.

And here is some info on La Mort de Marat.

David's original.

No comments: