17.2.10

Bicycles vs Slow Pedestrians

I am starting to hate bicycles, with their little bells and annoyingly higher speed than you common foot-wearer. Only this morning I was walking happily (intoxicated that is) to the school, and the horrid sound of a bell that barely (and I do mean barely) passed through my head-set protection from the idiotic rest of the world. I reacted as any common person should react ... I jumped, the problem was ... where should I jump? My instinct (and driving skills) told me to jump right, but a reaction that may work with cars, with bicycles is another thing, because with cyclists you never know, they may go right, they may go left or they, as it happened in Switzerland, just jump down the bike and walk pass you just to make the point that your big walking ass is too dumb to move. "You made me get off my bike you stupid walking thing!".

Anyway, although annoying as they may, a bike may just want to bash your brains (or theirs) in the pavement for a few seconds, the side road walking menace is (gasp!) the slow (oh so slow) pedestrian. And there are two kinds of them, the ones that just walk slow (old ladies, fat people) and are incredibly difficult to pass by. And there's the other kind, the ones that are, not only slow, but they also seem to have absolutely no sense of direction what so ever. Those deserve every bit of hatred from my little self, because they make it so difficult to actually pass by since they keep walking in an erratic way and seem to be unaware of the world (or people) around them, making sudden stops on the way and looking around stopping all the traffic, it seems as if they do it on purpose!!!!!

Marcelo Usera

No comments: